Saturday, April 17, 2010

My Inspiration

in·spi·ra·tion
Pronunciation: \ˌin(t)-spə-ˈrā-shən, -(ˌ)spi-\
Function: noun
Date: 14th century
1 a : a divine influence or action on a person believed to qualify him or her to receive and communicate sacred revelation b : the action or power of moving the intellect or emotions c : the act of influencing or suggesting opinions


This term flows around my head, taking turns spinning and resting between my auditory canals and cerebrum. I am not sure why this appears to be the word of choice when complimenting me; however, I am NOT complaining... just trying to understand.

From what I can tell, perhaps people deem me inspirational because I have opened my eyes to the inspiration around me. I try to take that same "power of intellect and emotions" and hold it tight. I try to emulate it. I try it on for size. I hold a mirror to it to project your beautiful inspiration back at you.

And for this, I am certain, is the reason why I hear about me being such an inspiration. Where in fact, I have only become more aware of addressing it and using it from the world around me than most.

It isn't me... it is all of you who are an inspiration to me, and this is what keeps that big ball of earth and ozone in motion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment