Friday, May 21, 2010

DETOUR

A few weeks ago, as I was traveling home I stumbled upon some unusual traffic heading up the mountain. Traffic never seems to worry me; typically it gives me some well-sought out reflection and replenish time.

The road was a steep grade up through the foothills, making it practically impossible to see any clarity in the horizon. The cars came to a stop. In the distance, a LED sign securing all of the commuters' fates: "BOULDER IN ROAD. ROAD CLOSED. DETOUR."

Enduring the delay, and not realizing at the time the profound metaphor that was created therein, I joyfully turned up the radio and took the longer way home.

This experience serves as a particularly important lesson to me at this time. Although there may be a boulder in your path preventing you from traveling the method you originally chose, the slowed traffic will find a way to its destination one way or another.

Perhaps in this metaphor my precise destination is unknown; however I will endure this DETOUR with the radio up and a smile of my lips.

0 comments:

Post a Comment