Sunday, October 12, 2008

What Have I Been Up To?

Aside from trying to get my life in order, I have spent a lot of time trying to maintain some level of physical therapy. I have been fortunate enough to find a wonderful exercise therapy program in Boulder and have been working there once or twice a week. I made a movie to show you all how cool this program really is! Some things to note:
-- most of the exercises are geared toward strengthing my core
-- the device that looks like a giant scale is a vibration plate that is used for several reasons. It helps loosen my tight hips, allow me to recognize more localized sensation, and passively flex my muscles.
-- with the first bike I ride, I am using my hips and stomach to track it (and one of the trainer's hands!)
-- with the second bike I ride, electrodes are placed on my quads, hamstrings, and gluts to force the muscles to contract in a sequence. The machine stops when my muscles fatigue. So far, my record is 9.5 miles in one hour!
-- I made this video all by myself, so prepare :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks so cool. I'd love to go with you sometime!
Kels~

Anonymous said...

Absolutely amazing!! A clip to be shown to everyone, including those that are so ignorate they can't see the power within the mind, body and spirit. There is no stopping you, nor does anyone what to!!

Anonymous said...

Shake, shake, shake - shake your booty! Great going Ryan!

Gavin said...

That is super inspiring, today I tried to ride an exercise bike. It was extremely foreign for me and it was kind of as if a rag doll was trying to ride a bike. it felt strange and good at the same time and all I could picture was how much control you had in your short movie and how great it was to see that. I aspire to be as driven as you.
Awesome, awesome, awesome.
-- Gavin

Anonymous said...

Ryan,

Your perseverance is unbelievable. This old lady needs to strengthen her core. You've motivated me to get moving again.

Hugs,
Anne Taylor

Post a Comment