Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Driving Force

Fall Break is a beautiful addition to my teaching life. A whole week off with Halloween as the caboose, who could complain? Anyways, I decided to take a road trip with my friend Graham who is currently residing in Southwestern Michigan.

This adventure took us through Indiana, part of Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, and Missouri. I knew that I was going to have a good time exploring a part of the US that I had never known, but I had no idea how it was going to help my unyielding mental tug-a-war.

Somewhere hidden between the blues on Beale Street, the fried chicken and catfish, the colors of fall, and the Ozarks I realized something....

I realized that I am due back in India. My mind and body require it even.

Currently I have no idea about the timing. I know that Dr. Shroff requests that I come in January, but I am still waiting to hear about other options.

I will keep you posted as soon as I know...

1 comments:

Graham said...

Only in the inspiring landscape of the midwest is the mind able to grasp such profound realizations!

Post a Comment