Thursday, March 5, 2009

That's What Victor Hugo Said


Almost a week after the talent show fund-raiser, I sit here STILL in awe over the brilliant kids that were kind enough to share with me and my loved ones their most proud gifts. It was amazing to be able to see all of these kids, these students, in a different light... the spotlight. I usually spend my days lecturing them, high-5ing them, coaching them, and greeting them in the halls. But this night was different. These kids were no longer kids, and they didn't even begin to resemble students. They were performers with the utmost confidence and care, swooning the crowd and creating smiles all-around.
To top it all off, we raised over $3000 for my future stem cell endeavors! It is such a humbling feeling of warmth to be able to reflect on all of the people in my life that love and support everything that I do. There are so many emotions that don't have names, at least ones that I know... which is terrible, because writing is the only way that I can keep connected with the world, and the world has NO idea how loved I truly feel.

There is much gratitude sent through rays of sunshine to everyone who helped to create the event, those who performed with their hearts, everyone who attended in support, and everyone else that couldn't make it but sent their love anyways.

“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved -- loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment