Friday, January 8, 2010

Turning-Points & Stepping Stones

Sometimes you meet someone that you know, right away, will impact you forever. This is a rare, yet cherished moment of humanity.

Going into my meeting with the director for Pennies for Peace, I just knew that this would be one of those circumstances. I have researched and understand the mission behind this organization and I was sure that this was both the turning-point and stepping stone that I've been searching for all along.

Our meeting was far more magical than I could have ever pretended it to be in my head. This woman is courageous and strong-willed. She is compassionate and intuitive. However, the most remarkable part was that we mirrored each other so well. I can't fully describe our meeting, nor do I feel the need to. Just trust me.

Now, I look upon this experience with such glory. It all started out with a simple email during my own personal journey (Day 18). My desires to become a better global citizen and more true to myself led me to Pennies for Peace. But today I feel like my introduction to all of this now means so much more...

0 comments:

Post a Comment