Friday, January 1, 2010

What Seems To Be Over...

...has only just begun.

PROJECT ME has officially ended based on the instructions that I had placed upon myself. It was a very intense few weeks filled with stressful moments of picking tasks, as well as equally stressful moments of carrying out those tasks. But it has all been so worth it. Every last second of it.

I have learned so much from these experiences, ranging from understanding how my physical endurance relates to my mental endurance, all the way to realizing the potential impact of standing up and speaking for something that is important to me.

From all of this, I am changed. Knowing that it is over leaves me with a bit of relief for the sense of stress that can be felt when choosing an experience. However, even more so is the feeling of anxiety that is left in this now vacant space in my being. I am so afraid that I will lose the openness and mindfulness that I have developed through these days. I have spent so much time tuning into my soul and broadcasting as far through the world that it would reach, that I now know what it all feels like and what it all means to me.

One thing that I didn't realize at first, or even at twenty-first, is that the process of this project seemed to have a span of impact. My thoughts and feelings suddenly weren't the only ones that were being affected. I am proud, yet almost speechless, to say that some of what I have written and expressed from all of this has translated to others. It has been a big, fat blob awarded the power of being molded to anything that may fit the reader at that specific time. Taken what could be from each day, the reader could hold close any part that resonated and leave the rest there for someone else to ponder. This whole thing has been remarkable.

I cannot go back to the way things have played out for me in the past. I must be strong enough and courageous enough to keep the drive for bettering myself and the world, even though the monotony and comfort of an old self can be quite strong too. I will continue to remain within myself but also surrounded from all sides. Focusing on these things will always bring me great wisdom, I am certain.

If ever I feel like I am being sucked backwards into a time where motions have no meaning, I will look to those times where I forced myself into something new everyday. I will recreate some of that magic through even more new experiences, because I know so many more exist. .

So where does this leave me? The answer is: It doesn't.

1 comments:

sass_on_wheels said...

:) :) :)

Post a Comment