Monday, July 13, 2009

Fingers Crossed

As of Friday, I am now trying something A LOT out of my element. To my relief, a friend that works at Craig Rehab Hospital came to my rescue by securing me an appointment with, not just a Craig doc, but the Medical Director himself! During that appointment it was decided that SOMETHING additional needed to be done. Kaiser was stumbling in several areas: 1) taking far too long to address my medical plan, 2) the lack of an infectious disease doctor in my life, 3) neglecting communication among departments that are crucial to my recovery, and 4) understanding not only the past in terms of the cause of this whole ordeal, but also the future and further prevention of such an event later on in life.

So it's been said that Craig Hospital is, by far, one of the most amazing hospitals in the States and definitely the place where I would like to spend my surgery and recovery. Therefore, I have taken it upon myself to fight for my health, and ultimately my life back.

I am currently in the process of emulating the most annoying patient the medical community has ever seen. I have put phone calls into my primary care doc, my general surgeon, as well as my chronic care coordinator in order to try to get referred to Craig Hospital for my treatment.

Now, if I've learned anything about Kaiser, I have learned that they are quite proud. This could be considered such an asset, that is unless you are trying to flee the system. My normally cool and remarkably passive behavior is going to have to be altered. Just call me Mr. Hyde. I hate to see this demeanor for myself; however, I am unsure of how else to proceed.

To top that, there is a fairly high probability that I will forced to resign from my current teaching position due solely to the fact that I have no idea when a full recovery will actually take place. Not necessarily at the fault of the school or the school system, I realize that, but it certainly doesn't help me pay those piling medical bills.

I have no faith in Time and those tricky games he tends to play on me. Fingers crossed, things will start turning around soon and all of those bullies in my life, like Time and Money and Planning and Luck will start to accept me once again and throw me a party in the end.

0 comments:

Post a Comment