Tuesday, February 2, 2010

It's Been 13 Years...

Since I was a kid.
Since my world seemed simple.
Since I jumped down stairs.
Since I believed that everything was only one way.
Since I used a kickboard.
Since things felt too hard to try.
Since I stubbed my toe.
Since I have been afraid of needles.
Since I could remain anonymous.
Since elevators weren't on my radar.
Since I wondered about my purpose.
Since life happened only on TV.
Since I was too young to understand.
Since history was something read, not created.
Since I questioned my character.
Since I did a cartwheel.
Since I lost in arm-wrestling.
Since the world revolved around me.
Since I needed others to make me feel good.
Since magic was only an illusion.
Since I saw obstacles as a bad thing.
Since I sat in darkness.
Since I found myself.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Post a Comment