Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Here It Goes Again!

It looks like, with small twist of fate and some extremely loving individuals, I will be returning to Delhi a lot sooner than I ever thought.

I will be embarking on my second trip to the Green Park Hospital, a masterpiece of a place-- conducted by none other than Dr. Geeta Shroff, Dr. Ashish Verma, and an extraordinary cast of others.

This decision would have never been made without the unconditional blessings of the department coordinator and the principal at school. I have no idea how to tell them how appreciative I am to have their well-wishes and be privy to their beautiful hearts. I couldn't imagine another scenario where they reacted more supportively, more compassionately, or more genuine. Thank you, thank you.

From all of the wonderful fund-raising that was held for me last spring, I am fortunate enough to have some left-over funds saved to put toward this journey. If I were to ask for anything (and you should all know by now that this is my least favorite part of all this), I would ask for people who may have or may know someone who has extra frequent flier miles lying around to send those my way. Actually, I am not even sure that it is really an option, being "holiday blackouts" and all. I have no clue what I am doing. Last time that I did this, I had EVERYTHING figured out well in advance... and now I see myself, just a little over a month out, and I don't even have a plane ticket or a plan!

Although many of my plans are still up in the air, every part of me knows that this is the right descision at the right time. My body has been talking to me and trying to prove its progress to me through sweating, goosebumps, and deep-touch sensations. My mind and my spirit are ready to continue the exploration of this small part of the world that has changed me ever so much, as well as to continue the exploration of the expansion of my stubborn mind.

I am looking at leaving on or around the 17th of December and will be gone for a month. I will miss Christmas. I will miss New Years. I will miss final exams. I will miss coaching.

But for some extremely nonsensical and poetic reason... it all feels worth it.

4 comments:

Fabrizio Zanelli said...

I am happy to read about this decision. Please keep updated this blog. If you need I hope to able to help you.

Unknown said...

Wow, Ryan how very exciting - keep us posted ! A. Ingrid

Graham said...

My goodness, someone very, very special must be willing to accompany you this go-round on such short notice! Who could this be? Wink...

Anonymous said...

G and G are excited about your return to India! God go with you.

Post a Comment