Friday, July 23, 2010

The Path That Leads You

I have always been a firm believer in fate. And in my head, that fate looks like paths outlined in finely grained dirt the color of adobe brick, surrounded by tall reeds of glowing grasses dancing in an imaginary breeze.

Throughout my life thus far, I have faced many forks in the road, many a windstorm erasing the dirt path underneath me, and many sun-shiny paths awaiting my arrival. I never fret about the path to take, for I feel like it is decided already and will be the right choice no matter what.

So long as you are willing to pay attention on the steps that you make as you walk down that path... left foot, right foot... you are reflecting upon the experience, which is the whole purpose of it all anyway.

The path is the most important part of life. It's the journey that takes you there. The "there" doesn't really matter in the end. It is the "left foot, right foot" thing that makes all the difference.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I needed to hear these words right at this very moment. Talk about fate...:)

Anonymous said...

Why did the chicken cross the road?

To reflect upon its own experience.

Post a Comment