Friday, July 16, 2010

The Path Through Communication

Communication is one of our most powerful tools. It sets humans apart from most other organisms in the way we verbalize, cue, and create languages suited for describing emotion.

I have always been a strong advocate for utilizing communication within all relationships; however, I had (in my past) neglected to note the power that hid within reaching out and communicating with people that are outside of your personal comfort.

Just today I have I been reminded of that power having sought out an old coaching acquaintance for some potential personal and professional help. The request was nabbed with open arms and I am so excited to be receiving assistance in such a gracious manner. (**more to come on this later!)

Nevertheless, this experience reminds me of the very first time I reached out to communicate with a total stranger. I blindly contacted the director of an organization that I felt passionate about. That email turned into an afternoon of tea, which turned into being introduced to her children and husband, which soon became a sort of kinship that I have never knew I was missing before.

These instances of communication, I feel, are a way of possessing my own destiny while ensuring that the path I've chosen is in the right direction at the right time. It feels really good to take a leap to communicate with someone new and have it directly create a path that you know has actually been there, hidden by layers of earth and green, all along.

0 comments:

Post a Comment