Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Almost Half Way, At JFK

Surprisingly, the stomach ache that I have had for the past week and a half subsided virtually the moment I went through security in Denver early this morning.

Currently I am sitting at JFK airport smelling like recycled air and awaiting the longest trip of my life. I didn't sleep last night, seeing as I had to leave my house at 2:45am just to catch my flight, so I slept the majority of both of my morning flights and am feeling a little more lively.

I haven't been very forthcoming with some information about Sarah, my first companion and amazing friend. She has been camping out at the Indian Consulate or something for the past few days awaiting her visa (by no fault of her own). She is living in France and to explain the hardships she has had with the visa thing would be daunting. Needless to say, she should now arrive in Delhi on Friday night...with a little bit of luck and some superstitious finger-crossing.

It will be good to spend the first 24 hours alone, I just decided. I will need to form my own impressions and identity with Delhi and its inhabitants. I am up for a solo challenge...for 24 hours, that's about my cap I think.

The next time I update I will be in India! I am so excited to journal through my days via the internet. There are so many people that I want to be a part of this, and in this technological age, this is the way to do it!

Muah!! to everyone!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment