Thursday, June 26, 2008

Day 1: Rest and Relaxation

After actually being able to lie down for a bit and take a shower, I feel so much better. I thought that it might be hard to spend the first night alone, not really being able to anticipate exactly HOW I was going to feel. I've talked with Dad, Mom, and Sarah Martinez through Skype and each one of them asking in several different ways if I am feeling okay. I am. It is strange and I can't explain it, but I am fine, even pretty well for now.

Getting to Delhi was the way I had expected. At one point I was told that my luggage didn't make it and it was going to have to be sent back to the States. Luckily, that bonehead had no clue what he was talking about. Other than that, the flights were quite ordinary. I was only asked a handful of times if I could "walk just a little bit."

In the past 24 hours I have learned a bunch of things. Here is a glimpse of that:
--You can drive in the middle of 2 lanes in Delhi if you don't want someone to pass
--91F at midnight can be the norm
--The Hindi word for EXIT on a plane is far different than that of EXITing off the highway
--Pay attention when you get off the plane, even if you are getting back on that plane...it may move on you!
--Don't necessarily trust the guy that says your bags didn't make it
--To use an outlet in Delhi you must switch it on first
--Hospital beds can be interchangeable with yoga mats
--The Ellen Degeneres Show can be found pretty much anywhere

I knew this was going to be quite the experience when I first entertained it. I just want everyone to know that I am well and I would say so if I were otherwise. So stop worrying about me! :)

My best friend, Sarah Wilson, will be arriving at 11:30 tonight and I am in the process of arranging a ride for her. I am really excited to see her and to share this tiny hospital room with her.

I will meet with a doctor from the clinic today, sign a bunch of paperwork, and rest. I don't think that my treatment will start today...but I am not entirely sure of all the things they told me last night when I arrived.

2 comments:

sass_on_wheels said...

thank god i will get to watch ellen! sending lots of love from the helsinki airport... hope to be in delhi soon! (fingers STILL crossed)

sar

Anonymous said...

I am very happy you are there and you can watch Ellen!

Funny thing, is the day you left I woke up at 6am frantic that I had a flight than realized it was your flight, than I got frantic for you! But now I am much better now that you are there!

Keep me posted!

Love
Jenn

Post a Comment