Saturday, June 28, 2008

Day 2: Friends, Yoga, Fried Chicken Feet and A Belly Ache

Sarah arrived just after 3 in the morning. I awaited her arrival at the stinkin', stinky airport with one of the hospital security guards that claimed to speak English. Although when I asked him if he'd like to sit down, he simply replied, "yes," and kept standing for another hour or so.

After getting Sarah settled into the new sounds and smells that is to be her life for the next 2 months, we quickly fell asleep. Here is a picture of our room:

In the morning we awoke to a phone ring, not even the computer one. It was Erin and she was down in the hospital lobby.

Erin, Sarah, and I spent the day catching up and playing a new favorite, Apples To Apples. (If you don't know it, it comes highly recommended--by me). In the afternoon we were invited for a little bit of yoga down in the physiotherapy room with another patient, Leah. It was fun to watch...seeing as they wouldn't let me do anything except move my head from side-to-side. I have a feeling that someone is trying to frustrate me! Oh well, I'll get my turn. The yoga quickly turned into "hot yoga" in the heat of the Delhi afternoon. Everyone, save myself, was drenched in sweat by the time it was over. I got a good chuckle from that.

This evening, Sar and I had the pleasure of dining on authentic food from back home...uh-oh, you guessed it, FRIED CHICKEN. I have included a picture to explain:

This may be part of the reason my belly hates me right now.

As far as my treatment goes, things are a little confusing right now and I think that is just because Dr. Shroff is away. She will return on Monday?? I'm not really sure because it is really hard to understand some of the "sisters" or nurses sometimes, even though their good intentions are seen in their smiles for sure. In fact, a few of them were explaining some unique markets to venture to tomorrow, so that is what appears to be in store...seeing as we all need to get a little fresh air. That may be asking for too much.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good "gosh", what in the "world" did you order for dinner?? It doesn't look like anything we ate on Tuesday night...I can't wait for your explaination.

Post a Comment