Monday, June 2, 2008

I Just Successfully Achieved An All New Low...

Currently I am sitting at the mall eating dinner. For those of you that don't know me, this is a terrible sign. Stress doesn't manifest itself in a typical manner with me. I don't run around frantically, I don't have any sort of retail therapy. I don't get stressed! Whatever.

About a year ago or so I realized that every time I reach a near-breaking point, I find myself at the mall. Of all places...the mall. Convoluted arrangements of merchandise and screaming babies. Sounds soothing, right? I can't really figure it out either. After my grandmother passed away I spent three hours at the mall without going into a single store. I am not even quite sure how I got there.

Today is no different. In fact, it may be worse. I have succumbed to the mall. I have embraced all of its wonder and chaos. I have eaten a burrito next to a group of high school cool kids just like it was the only thing I would ever want for my life. It all comes down to the fact that I must be getting nervous.

Now I am not outwardly nervous or concerned or anything (for that matter) regarding India. I have trouble looking into the future and can't really try to anticipate anything. For that, I am thankful...and strange. However, I have come to the conclusion that I must be anxious. This is the second time in 3 days that I have ended up here. A new world record.

And for those of you keeping track: we are now down to DAYS until departure. I can no longer use the word, "MONTHS" when describing my upcoming trip.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just breathe

Post a Comment