Sunday, December 14, 2008

3, 2, 1... Blastoff!!

That's the countdown. I leave in 3 days.

I can hardly believe it. I have so much to do to prepare, plus working on getting rid of this lingering virus that seems to want to be my friend forever. Truth-be-told, I used to think it was kind of cool to lose your voice... but now that I am older and wiser, it is really just an annoyance. Alongside of that, I have developed a cough; I think probably just to remind me of the viral dance party that is going on in my throat and lungs. Although, I am sure any day now I will awake with clear sinuses, refreshed tracheal lining, and the energy to conquer. But until then...

There are only two days of school left. Am I going to be able to let go of my students and swimmers? It's going to be extremely hard. I am leaving them all in safe hands, but I do take a lot of pride in what I do. Because I am missing final exams, I have to not only feel like I've prepared the kiddos before I leave, but I also have to have all of the final review stuff and the actual final exam completed... just to name a small task that is buzzing in the "Things To Do" compartment of my cerebrum. But until then...

All of the stuff that I am trying to make sure is wrinkle-free and ready to wear while I am gone will get done and I will be on a plane before I even have time to blink. I don't even really feel like I have had the time to stop and think about my latest adventure: the treatment and my return to one of my favorite places. But until then...

I will work at getting everything checked off of that list in my brain and will figure it out once I don't manage to get all of it done. Everything will be okay... my virus will subside, classes will resume without me, and I will be out of the cold before I know.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you are off to a warmer place. I'm sure your cold will subside quickly once you reach the 70 degree temperatures!! I can't believe you are leaving so soon. Hopefullly you are ready! :)
Kels~

Post a Comment