Friday, December 19, 2008

The Difference Between Blue and Orange

As much as I hoped for my old room 208 at the Green Park Hospital, being the largest room with a balcony and even a cushy shower chair, I was stuck on the 1st floor: the orange floor. At first it appeared rather intrusive. See: The bedsheets are orange, the curtains are orange, the wall panels are orange, the light fixtures are orange, the sofa-cum-bed is orange, everything is ORANGE.

Now, usually orange is one of my favorite colors, you should know. In fact, both my kitchen and bathroom at home are painted orange. But for some reason, this was bad news to me at first. Perhaps it was the initial shock of change that seems to getch-ya every time.


It appeared to get even worse once I stepped into the bathroom half the size as before...because what I discovered was that the toilet was in the shower!


I am still a little confused about what I am supposed to do with a toilet in the shower other than make a wet mess of everything in it. In fact, the first shower I took on the stupid thing I slipped off and hit my head on that porcelain beast. Go figure!



On the brighter side, Graham and I got settled in very easily with all of our luggage and daily reminders of home. We even decorated a bit for Christmas. I was thrilled to find out that we are to have a great party on Christmas day and the lobby is even fully equipped with our very own Americanized Christmas tree and blow-up-doll Santa Claus.

But now our stockings are hung up on the wall with great care and a little packaging tape, we have a eensy-weensy Christmas tree that gets a new present under it everyday--courtesy of Sarah, who spent way to much time and effort to have a gift for Graham and I for everyday of our stay in Green Park. So far we've gotten some chocolate, an ankle bracelet for me, a list of things to do for Graham, and a bar of soap because the soap at the old hospital was rather displeasing to Sarah (as she remembers it).

My real schedule will start on Monday with Chavi, one of the most experienced physiotherapists that I know. She is direct, thorough, yet does everything with a brilliant smile. I think that I am really going to enjoy getting beat up by her everyday. This time around, it will be a bit different in that a lot of my physio will involve mat and floor work, which I am thrilled for. We tried a bit of crawling this morning, and like a little baby for the first time I was wobbly, to say the least.

As our circadian rhythms start to acknowledge India for all of its glory, I will be able to up-keep my blog a bit better. Please stay tuned.

3 comments:

sass_on_wheels said...

i thought you might like this: http://www.eol.org/

Rachy Rach said...

wow how retro!! May your christmas be orange!! Did you remember to pack matches? :P

Anonymous said...

This same thing happened to me....first trip, blue room and second trip, orange. Now I don't think I'll ever go back to blue! By the way, you were just spoiled the first time that your toilet wasn't in your shower. It turns out it's a really good place to keep all your shampoo and stuff :)

Post a Comment