Monday, December 21, 2009

Day 18

This project has been, so far, like a giant catalyst to one of the most influential experiences of my life. For one, it has accelerated me to contact several people from my past and write letters to corporate mongers with words of advice. AND now it has given me the inspiration to write someone who has given me inspiration.

Today I wrote the director of a program known as Pennies For Peace. Coincidentally, she works out of her home in Evergreen. (That, too, may be one of the reasons I felt compelled to write her.) I came across this program while doing research on another program known as the Central Asia Institute, chronicled and highlighted in the bestselling book, "Three Cups Of Tea" by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin. After finishing this book, I felt as though my life had been changed forever. My desire to change the world through education only became stronger and louder... pumping through my blood vessels and, ultimately, expanding the life throughout my entire body.

The key to all of our world's largest troubles: war, terrorism, poverty, and hunger have the potential to all be solved with one simple art-- education. By giving individuals a proper education for their current culture and state, is like providing the blueprints or the framework of any construction. Many problems that occur in this world can be traced back to a lack of understanding of one another, a lack of the knowledge of resources, and a lack of the empowerment gained through academia.

In writing the director of Pennies For Peace I feel as though I actually have a voice. It is kind of funny because I have no idea how she will receive my words or even if she will receive them. But that isn't really the point. The point is EXPRESSION. It is one of the most important aspects of life. Some express themselves directly through interacting with others and some express themselves in other, more abstract methods.

Whatever the mode, expression of your feelings and passions is key to living a life of abundance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment