Sunday, December 27, 2009

Day 24

Social networking websites, frightfully, are the doorways of our current futures. I realize this, fairly reluctantly, because something about social networking via the internet alarms me a bit. I feel like you lose a little bit of yourself through cyberspace, and there is always that crucial piece that cannot be transmitted through. However, I realize that technology is the means for a better future for most of us, so jump on the bandwagon I go.

Today I have created an educational group on the Facebook network. This group was created from a bundle of jumbled thoughts that have been swimming around in my head for several years. Taking what I have learned from being a coach, teacher, friend, outcast, and traveler I have come to realize that there is something very important in our world that should be important for EVERYONE, but often gets neglected: Education. Now, I am not necessarily speaking of education in the traditional, wood-painted-plastic-desks-in-rows sort of way, but rather in a more worldly, yet self-reflective sort of sense.

To create this group, I have outlined 5 different aspects that I feel are crucial in becoming a productive citizen of the world and have encouraged the members of these groups to take on these aspects as projects, much like I have been doing for the past 24 days or longer. I have invited everyone that I know that uses Facebook, in hopes that this group will actually have an impact on how people create their own lives through education. I truly feel that anyone can benefit from creating projects around these 5 categories that I have outlined in the profile page of this online group.

I have been sitting on these ideas, in one way or another, for years... never really knowing how to put it all together in a fruitful manner. By creating this group today, I will be considering this a stepping stone for me (and hopefully for many others too) to continue to realize my dreams for myself and others. Hopefully this group will not only create further steps for me, but maybe spin me into other ways of making ideals like mine more of a reality in the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment