Wednesday, August 13, 2008

And Then There Were Two?

Today was quite a trip. I think that my character is continually being tested at any open avenue that could possibly be accessed.

Not only did we bid farewell to Erin this morning, we almost bid double-farewell to Kanako as well. Poor Kanako, her beautiful puppy, Payshia, is not doing well without her. She has Addison's Disease and has been on a downward spiral ever since Kanako left. It is probably mostly due to Kanako's nurturing soul that Payshia is missing and feeling like one sick pup.

We all spent the entire day on the computer taking turns looking for flights, talking with airline associates on the phone, and reassuring the whole of India that Payshia was going to be okay.

Sarah and I hugged Kanako goodbye at about 8 o'clock this evening with a very hopeful flight itinerary. I guess it wasn't hopeful enough. By the time she made it to the airport, the airline employees professed that it was too late. So over the phone lines we schemed, determined and ready to get Kanako on a dang flight...until I found one! I hope!

I am sitting here alone in my Green Park Hospital room only for the third time since I arrived. I am waiting to hear that Kanako is safely on her overpriced way home. Watch out Beijing, Kanako may be in town! I will keep you all updated with her travels in the meantime.

As for me, as it is always sad to see friends go, I feel a bit lighter knowing that Kanako can be reunited with Payshia and begin nursing her back to health. I feel so much more comfortable knowing that both of their stresses should be relieved soon. I also feel a healthy sense of solitude that I haven't had much time or space to endure while in India. I am sure in about 20 minutes I will be missing my friends and want so badly to have the fake-foldout, ugly blue couch occupied; along with shoes and bags laid out like ornaments on a Christmas tree. But for now, I will sit on my halfway made bed and watch some Olympic Badminton because that is really all India is interested in anyways. Maybe so am I.

0 comments:

Post a Comment