Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I Had The Time Of My Life


Erin left for home this morning. Henceforward, I will truly miss my gelato buddy, the professional photographer of our daily lives, and the most even-keeled of the lot of us.

After a wonderful goodbye dinner, we headed to a local discotheque where we easily found our way to the karaoke machine. We delightfully serenaded each other with our best renditions of "I Will Survive", "Take It Easy", and "I'll Be Watching You." But Erin and I brought down the house with a special duet of "I Had The Time of My Life" from the original Dirty Dancing Soundtrack. It was irresistible, lasting remnants include a sore throat and a slight regret for agreeing to be the boy voice.

Erin is a wonderful friend for putting her life on hold to be in India with me. Her compassionate nature and willingness to let everything go for all of us will, sadly, not be able to be replaced in these last weeks of my stay.

I want to thank Erin for being such a crucial part of this journey for me. This has been far much more than I could have ever imagined. Without these beautiful friends of mine, I would have never made it this far alone. In short, Erin wins the gold for putting up with my endless shenanigans.

We will miss Erin. India will miss Erin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin did more then to be there for you, she was there for us, that needed to see, hear and read about your journey.

Erin said...

go ahead, make me cry! thanks. I miss you, too, and India.

Post a Comment