Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Step In Time

Forwards, backwards, and side-stepping are simply becoming all in a day's work here at the Green Park Hospital. I routinely practice each of these twice a day. I can confidently say that with every step there has been improvement. Sometimes not always outwardly... Vandana will point out any bad steps faster than I can recollect them. However, with each step there is increasing awareness of motion, intention, and faith.

Prior to my departure at tour's end, I will be receiving 2 more procedures. From my knowledge, straight from the mouth of Dr. Ashish himself, I will be enduring another lumbar puncture and a "surprise" that necessitates the "opening of Pandora's Box." Now I am not usually too fond of surprises... but I am intrigued beyond belief, feeling a bit flattered too for some reason.

Days come and go faster than drag-racing rickshaws, as our gang has grown an expertise in passing the day away with no more than a blink of an eyelid. We spend the majority of our time deciding our next gastronomic adventure I would say, sadly and content simultaneously at the same moment. We are, however, becoming more cognizant of the passing time as the days seep into August. Erin leaves in less than a week! This is why we have dedicated the remainder of her stay to those sights and photo-ops of her choice... although it is more of an effort to be obliging due to the vast quantity of opinions and hungry stomachs and aching feet and overheated foreheads amongst us. Hopefully we will be able to check all of her wishes off the list before we bid adieu. Simply put, we've got a lot of work to do! Stay on task!

And if you are wondering... I take Physio with me EVERYWHERE: Stretching toes at a coffee shop over a nice vegan shake, reverse butt lunges in bed just before we shut out the lights, thinking of pushing my leg into the rusty bottom of our rickshaw as I transfer in, racing Michael in anything and everything that enters my mind, flexing quads and hammies just like a real-live muscle man, and every motion and sensation in between. 

I can only trust that this will be the way to those lil' stem cells' hearts... cookies and ice cream are simply just not cutting it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment