Thursday, July 10, 2008

All In A Day's Work

We are all finally getting settled into a routine in our hospital lives.

I usually wake up several times starting at about 6am (with the Delhi sun that I have grown to both love and hate), but don't actually make an effort to do anything about it until about 8. I quietly open the computer, check a few emails, and "tip-toe" to the shower. After I shower, I make some peanut butter toast for breakfast and finish going through emails and websites until Sarah rises, at around 9 or so. Usually Erin arrives around this time. I can gauge the temperature reading by the amount of sweat that has excreted itself on the backside of Erin's kurta.

Physio starts at 9:30, and depending how responsive my little leggies are, it can last until about 10:30. From there we go straight into the Injection Room (appropriately labeled). There I am given my first dose of cells for the day, usually in my leg, and then we are off back to the room.

From here we all 3 spend some time on the computer in between chapters in our latest novels. Sar will also provide me with an additional physio session, free of charge! Lunch arrives around 1pm, and shortly after that I feel antsy to get out... this is probably the reason that Sarah bought me a makeshift basketball.

Kurtas in toe, we head out to make the most of our Delhi lives. Sometimes it's the local market, sometimes other markets... this is our "exploration time," if desired. We have yet to travel to any of the monuments or festivals we've been talking about, but they're on the list.

Usually wherever we are by 6pm we try to get back. I get another injection at that time with "Friends" laughing in the background and dinner knocking at our door a little after 7. Erin will stay until dark...but don't worry we make her call when she gets home.

Sar and I will usually play a round of cards, watch some trashy television, answer some computer calls, and then tuck each other into bed just to start the whole thing again in the morning. Life is good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment