Saturday, July 5, 2008

Poor Sarah...

I keep asking her, "did you see that?" or "can you feel that?"

I think that I am pretty desperate for something to happen, ANYTHING. All of the doctors and sisters and physio-therapists keep telling me that something is going to happen, so I want it to happen now. Not because I am impatient or because I necessarily think that something should indeed happen... more so because I don't want them to feel bad if they are all wrong.

T
W
I
S
T
E
D,

H
U
H
?

I am told that there is no way of telling through any sort of x-ray machine or MRI where exactly the damage is done to my spinal cord. With that said, there is no telling what part of my spinal cord is most affected or least affected. Everybody is different. Which is as true as it is for injury as it is recovery. I have seen and talked to various patients in the last few days with the spectrum of issues that have brought them to this little clinic in Delhi; and with that I have seen the spectrum of responses to the treatment as well.

It's hard to wonder how my body may or may not respond to the treatment. To be perfectly frank, either way it scares me to pieces. How will life change if my body changes? Do I have deep-rooted hopes that will be shattered if nothing comes of it?

So I suppose it is still very much a waiting game.

And as for Sarah, she will continue to entertain the constant chatter of my lower extremities, quite possibly to no end. I owe her big time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment