Thursday, July 17, 2008

I Did It

Probably not what you thought I did... probably not what I should have done... but I did it.

I peed like the Indians do.

Today we went on a HUGE shopping excursion, unintentionally. We started at Janpath Market and then ended up at Connaught Place after heading north in the heat. Somehow the day came and went. We left the hospital at around 2:30 and arrived back to the hospital at around 10pm, but we did eat dinner out (says Sarah). Anyways, at around 8 or so I recognized the fact that I hadn't peed since we left! After a desperate walk around Connaught Place in circles with no toilet in sight... or rather a lot of stairs in sight... we settled on a restaurant for dinner. Surely they would have a bathroom?! No.

After settling in to the restaurant, I fled in sort of a frantic, "potty dance" hurry. Closing the restaurant door behind me I have the absolute confidence that I will actually NEVER find a bathroom here. So I did it. Behind a block of concrete and a would-be fence.

(One too many bathroom blogs, I suppose?)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i just want to say that i love your bathroom blogs...keep 'em coming!!

Hi Ryan! I am enjoying reading about all of your adventures in India. Keep working hard over there...

~Christina

Lisa said...

I googled you, and found this. Holy Crap. We need to talk soon. I am praying for you and love you dearly.
Lisa.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ryan:
I look forward to reading about the many adventures you encounter be it bathrooms, steps or the folks you face daily.
Continue to work hard and know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Joe

Post a Comment