Thursday, July 24, 2008

Knock, Knock...

Who's there? Kanako!!

Early this morning Sarah and Erin journeyed to the airport to capture Kanako and bring her to our humble abode here in Green Park.

We all took turns showing Kanako the ropes and relaying the chaos of our daily (typical Indian) schedule. Poor Kanako, poor jet-lagged, kind-hearted, up-for-anything Kanako.


Today was a really good challenge. Physio was really strenuous, physically and mentally. I was asked at all ends... Vandana at one end and Dr. Shroff at the other. Everyone really wanted to SEE some progress and a product of my recent procedure. Now I don't get to SEE any of it because I am the one trying to lie completely flat, gritting my teeth, thinking of each minute muscle contraction. Flickers in my feet is what I am hearing and small muscle movements in the hips. I FEEL all of those things, stronger everyday in fact...but when is it my turn to SEE them?

In terms of my calipers, they are no longer considered caliper pants. I have graduated, thrown away my training wheels... I am a big girl now. Pragati, the caliper guy and my arch nemesis, took off that extra belt/hip stabilizer this morning to see if I had enough upper body control to maintain the standing position. With much surprise, I found it to be easier than before! (But by no means easy.) I am now able to shuffle my feet with a less robotic dance, but my hips are still sooo tight. Sarah has started a frenzy in Physio, calling out to everyone within earshot about how my "hips don't lie." Got to love her.

1 comments:

j said...

I am so excited for you and you're an inspiration for me and let me tell you I'm not impressed easily. Keep up the good work.

Post a Comment