Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Vision In Teal

A little 2 minute hello from all of us to all of you. True to form, we spent the majority of those 2 minutes describing food.

By the way... today the three gals had a mild shopping spree. If interested, the entire details and "contest" can be viewed on Sarah's blog!


Indians are quite interesting people. It doesn't matter the question nor the form of the question and the answer is always, "yes." They also do this funny nod-thing where their head circles as they shake their head. We are told that this can mean a myriad of thing ranging from "yes," "maybe," "I don't know," and my personal fav, "I am not interested in what you have to say." I think that THAT may be the answer we get most often, though it is still too hard to tell.

There is one woman in particular that intrigues me. She isn't one of the sisters, and I am not quite sure of her role at the hospital but she usually takes our meal orders, makes my bed, delivers mail, and pretty much is found around every corner of the hospital. She is a beautiful native woman who only dresses in full teal-colored saris. Her hair always pulled back into a tight bun, perfectly revealing gorgeous bindi head jewels and a gold medallion of a nose ring. Sarah and I have spent much time pondering whether she likes us or hates us. Her English isn't very conducive to reveling emotion. I really want her to like me just for the fact that she has a true calming aura and awe-inspiring smile. Today, after a long time in the heat of the Delhi day, we returned tired and weary. Sarah ran next door to the bank for me and I awaited her return in the lobby. As I waited, the teal mystery woman waited with me. She looked dead into my eyes, walked for me, and knelt down to me resting her hands on my knees. She told me that it must be hot because my cheeks were red. (Aren't my cheeks always red?) She smiled and pinched one of my cheeks like she was conversing with a chubby, little baby. Her smile told me that she was going to look after me. I breathed a sigh of relief, maybe two.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kids loved the video, Braden wants to go to India and sleep in Sarah's bed, and he also would like the cookies, imagine that. You all look so good and we miss you!! The kids say love you and we are going to have to go to India.
Miss you, XOXO
S

Post a Comment