Monday, July 28, 2008

Did Someone Say Road Trip?

If you know me at all, you know that I LOVE a good road trip... and that is exactly what I will remember about my journey to the Taj. Although tired, I had a really hard time napping (unlike my other friend who may or may not have chosen to sleep with her mouth wide open), so I settled myself into peering out the window for the 5 and a half hours it took to get there.

For awhile I spent a frustrating time with my trigger finger cocked and ready for action to catch the most amazing portrait of my view. My camera is neither hi-tech enough, nor am I skilled enough for such a shot. Snap after snap I began wondering why it even mattered so much in the first place. Then I discovered that my desire for the photo shoot was to be able to relay what I was privileged enough to view out of my baby blues to the rest of my world. IT IS FAR TOO IMPOSSIBLE. I wish I could, truly, be able to show you the melody of the lush grass swaying as herds of semi-starved cattle roam freely amongst families of impoverished farmers and their dancing children. I wish I could show you the gaggle of monkeys so delicately and freely crossing the road as any true ancestor would. I wish you could see how time stands still for a brief breath of a minute for me so that I can soak it all in. But, IT IS FAR TOO IMPOSSIBLE. This is probably for the best, I presume, because for then my experience would lose that sense of intimacy that only I would understand. You need to have your own picturesque journeys... for isn't that all life is anyways?

BUT, if you'd like a glimpse of the trip to Taj from my eyes, here you go:




0 comments:

Post a Comment